Alicante was joint 4th in my seed poll along with Moneymaker. Of the 23 seed sites I searched it could be bought from 11.
This is what the seed suppliers had to say:
To eat, Alicante is:
- Fleshy, good flavour, good tasting, full flavour
- Uniform size, medium size
To Grow, Alicante is:
- Cordon Interderminate
- Outdoor or glass, cold greenhouse
- High yield, heavy cropping, heavy crops
- Matures early, quite early
- Resistant to, free from greenback, no greenback
- Most popular amateur tomat0, money maker type, improved money maker type ,classic older variety, easy to grow
To buy Alicante:
Packets ranged between 50 and 120 seeds per packet. Average seed priced worked out at .016 pence per seed.
In the seed catalogues they rank equal. How would you score them? Interesting that the catalogues describe Alicante as improved Moneymaker but that they are both equally avaliable ?
Would you choose Alicante over Moneymaker? Or Moneymaker over Alicante?